Menu

Ever tried to set things right and have it go wrong

Tiramisu

This has happened to me twice in the last two days.

I tried to straighten out a possible misunderstanding with friends after I figured out another (much closer) friend shared something I had told her privately. It wasn't bad or secret, but I was afraid my feelings were misrepresented so I thought it would be better to just clear it up directly. I just really wanted to make sure they knew I wasn't angry or blame them for something that happened where no one was to blame anyway, but I'm not getting a reply from one of them. I hate drama and I don't want any future awkwardness.

Then I made one of my students cry but touching on a topic that upset her. :(

yep just the other day!  Dh put his foot in his mouth in regards to a comment about one of his sister's to his other sister.  In an attempt to clarify what dh was saying, since it came out very judgmental,  I ended up sounding like I agreed with him and was equally judgmental.  Can't wait for the other sister to hear about it since I already don't have a good relationship with her.

This is why some people just cut off relationships, sometimes, lol. It is the right thing to do to be open and clear, but some people cannot handle it, and sometimes when you try to clarify something complicated, you can make things worse, like poor hjffkj. That has happened to me too, and to be honest it's why I am very careful that my close friends are people who can handle honesty. All of my coworkers at my former job were crystal clear communicators and we all worked past misunderstandings or hurt feelings because we were union and knew we would have to tolerate each other until we died. Boy, I miss those guys.

This is why some people just cut off relationships, sometimes, lol. It is the right thing to do to be open and clear, but some people cannot handle it, and sometimes when you try to clarify something complicated, you can make things worse, like poor hjffkj. That has happened to me too, and to be honest it's why I am very careful that my close friends are people who can handle honesty.

THIS.  But I guess that's why I don't have that many friends :confused1: