Menu

Book a Week in 2014 - BW 12

Robin M

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I sneak in? So far I'm on book 22 of the year and am totally behind on my schedule that I wanted to keep. Oops. I'm almost finished with Jenny Plague Bringer by J.L. Bryan. Fluffy little series about paranormals but it's been fun. 

No sneaking necessary. Jump in with your whole, unapologetic self :D

Folks, I know that many of you have been anxiously awaiting the announcement of the Diagram Book Prize for 2014, the award given for the oddest titled book of the year. The winner is How to Poo on a Date.

Further reading on British toilet humor (?)  here and here..

:hurray:

So glad you posted this Jane. I bought last year's book after you made a post about this prize last year. (Last year's title was Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop: And Other Practical Advice In Our Campaign Against The Fairy Kingdom & I got it for dd because the two types of books she reads all the time are fantasy & non-fiction usually dealing with things like organic farming, natural Earth living, etc.... Goblinproofing seemed both practical ;)  & perfect for her reading tastes. Not sure what she's going to be when she grows up, but maybe she'll be a Middle Earth farmer or something & this could provide key to her success.) Anyway, thanks for the reminder that I need to go find the book in her room & read it myself sometime this year. I could use a little silliness these days.

Btw, if you want to see a complete list of past winners, check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookseller/Diagram_Prize_for_Oddest_Title_of_the_Year#Winners.

Hmmm. I've had some troubles with my dentist lately. I'm thinking he may need a copy of the 2010 winner: Managing a Dental Practice: The Genghis Khan Way (basing my idea on title alone). :001_tt2:

In a year or so, I may be going on a breakneck speed trip that I've heard a few horror stories about, one being not enough bathroom breaks or time when getting said break. So, perhaps I need to invest in this year's winner. Not that the trip will be a date, but maybe advice on going quickly in adverse circumstances? :lol: