Menu

chemistry 101

You might search the boards here, as we have discussed it in the past, including very recently.  For Bio 101 did you do all the enrichment stuff the provide on the cd file?  For us, the Chem 101 videos are an awesome supplement but not a complete course.  If you're expanding it and making it work for you, that's your business.  I'm just saying for us it's easier to use something like the GA PBS course for our main.  Real standard, gets done, free.  Then we throw in the Chem 101 videos and science essays and whatnot for more background.  Definitely like the Chem 101 though.  It just wouldn't be a complete course for us.  Maybe you found a way to make it work with the bio?  Or were you doing it for junior high and didn't care?

• 3 weeks later...

OhE, I am interested in the GA PBS chemistry, but they want to charge me $30 for the teacher materials. That's not bad, but is there a way to get them free?

I'm not using them.  If you're not a resident of GA, they want you to pay.  They'll also send you the materials if you buy one of the dvds of the class.

Don't now about Chem 101, but the GA teachers materials were definitely worth $30 to me.  They have lesson plans, worksheets, tests, all the answer keys, and it includes chemistry and physics, so it is 2 years worth of stuff.

ITA with this. Definitely worth more than so many (oh, so many) other curriculum items I have purchased for $30.

• 2 months later...

I purchased it for my 17-year-old son who needs modifications in his curriculum. We've already done 2 of the 13 units and where enjoying it as much as we did Biology 101. I throw in a lot of "extras" as yes, the mathematics are weak (but that's where DS special needs lie).