Menu

SAT Subject test question

Is there a way to search online to find out which schools closest to our location are test centers for the subject tests and which tests they are giving? Or, do I have to call schools to find out.  I've searched all over and can't find an answer.  The College Board site seems to search for an SAT testing center and doesn't have a place to search for specific Subject tests.  I found dates, but no locations.

All of the subject tests I believe are in a single book. Any combination of tests can be taken.

This.  Unless it's changed in the past few years, each student taking any subject tests will receive a book with all the tests in it.  The day of the test, the student can change his/her mind on the actual tests to be taken, the order to be taken, and the number to be taken - if the change results in more tests than the student originally registered, the CB will bill you for the difference.  I believe if the number decreases, CB won't refund the difference.

Yes, the tests are all in one booklet, and there is just one answer sheet for up to 3 different subject tests, so everyone in the room could be taking different tests. Or there could be one kid taking, say, Hebrew and 20 kids taking Math. The only time the students are split up by test is, I believe, the language-with-listening tests, which are given only in November. All kids taking *any* of the language-with-listening tests are put in a separate room, presumably so they don't disturb other test-takers.

As noted above, you can change your mind -- up to the last minute -- about which test(s) to take (assuming it's offered that day), except (I think) the language-with-listening tests (because you need to being your own CD player). And of course you can't switch to the regular SAT that morning, just other subject tests.