Menu

Lemon brownies recipe share

PeterPan

We made several things for a party last week, but these turned out to be the best!  

The recipe came from here http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/other-dessert/lemon-brownies.html   but I changed the frosting.

THE "BROWNIE" BATER

3/4 c all purpose flour

3/4 c granulated sugar

1/4 tsp salt

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

2 large eggs

2 Tbsp lemon zest

2 Tbsp lemon juice

We doubled the batter and baked it in a glass 9X13.  They were the perfect thickness and slightly fudgy.  I think the glass pan is important for that.  Sometimes a metal pan will make things bake differently.

Then for the frosting, we went cream cheese.  Someone asked for the recipe, so here goes!

1 pack cream cheese

2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (measure, then sift)

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp meringue powder 

We made a double batch and frosted three 9X13 pans.  It just makes a nice thin, tart foil against the lemon.  Crazy, crazy good.  Like blow your diet and sit there eating four at once and come back later for more good.   :D

Enjoy!  

I made it last week according to the original recipe and I thought the original frosting was too runny-- so I think it was a good idea to change the frosting!!

Lara

I tried a sour cream glaze the first time with some lemon juice, and that didn't do it for me.  These though are pretty nice.  We did zest some lemon on top, forgot that.  Made them look pretty with the yellow dotting the white...

Hey, OhE!  Found your brownie thread!  Thanks for the heads up...  Mom loves all things Lemony and DS loves to bake.  DS turns 10 tomorrow and we were planning on all of us watching a movie on Erwin Rommel at his request so baking and eating some brownies while watching a movie sounds like a good combo!  Yeah!  DD doesn't like history, but I bet she might hang around a few minutes to eat some brownies.