Menu

We rule the world!!

Canadianmumof5

Probably an unpopular opinion on these boards since most here are not Canadian. But I'm with you. We watched the game - it was on at eight here on the east coast, so not too early. I felt (a bit) bad for the Swedes with all their best players out. And who knew Claritin was a banned substance?

I gotta say that gold metals for Canadians makes me feel a bit proud, but when it's hockey gold, it's that much more special. Last winter games, we were in Florida and watched the Canadians win gold from our hotel's pool. Very weird to see no celebrating going on after (they played the US that game), but even the non celebratory Americans conceded that it is OUR national sport, so all is right with the world, so to speak.

And I love how gentlemanly the players are after the game. Such class. A great way to start the day. :)

Our bell choir played in church today and we have three Canadians in the group - including our director.  They were ALL wearing red shirts under their bell smocks. Usually we wear white shirts, but they planned it out right before service to celebrate the victory and were happy, but tired ringers today.

And who knew Claritin was a banned substance?

Sorry, I don't buy it.  The athletes knew it had a banned ingredient in it.  One of my friends went to the Olympics and everything she ate or drank was monitored by her coach.  It was their job to make sure she was clean.  Every prescription is double checked to make sure it is ok.  There are Olympic people they can call to confirm if they are allowed to take something or not.  If they take the drug and they know they are taking it, and are just hoping they won't get caught, well, that's just stupid.