Menu

He did it!

It's amazing for him! And don't you just love seeing his mom and sisters?

But I have to say, I was pretty freaked out when the commercial break after the race, there was Morgan Freeman/Visa congratulating him and NBC hawking a dvd of Michael Phelps: Greatest Olympian or some such... lol.

:001_huh: I haven't watched it yet.

Note to self: refrain from opening mysterious posts when you wish to watch a delayed telecast.

Exactly!! Crud, crud, crud!! I hate living on the west coast. I need to learn not to visit my boards on nights like this.:glare:

This exact same thing happened last night!

I love that picture of his mom falling back into her chair! How exciting!
Yeah, how exciting that must be for her, huh? WOW! She seems like a fun-loving and funny lady from what I've seen of her!

I liked seeing him climb over the layers of chairs to get to them last night! I LOVE close family ties--not being afraid to show affection for family! Good stuff! :001_smile:

Yeah, how exciting that must be for her, huh? WOW! She seems like a fun-loving and funny lady from what I've seen of her!

I liked seeing him climb over the layers of chairs to get to them last night! I LOVE close family ties--not being afraid to show affection for family! Good stuff! :001_smile:

Never hear anything about his dad but the Sunday paper mentions him at the end of a long article, just briefly, living not far from Baltimore. It also says that there's been alot written about the family situation. I've never even seen dad mentioned or photographed in either of these Olympics, so was he pretty much absent all these years? Just wondering, and was his dad an athlete?

The newspaper spent some time musing that Phelps was on this quest to see what was possible, not just to win to make himself a celebrity. That really shows in the way he talks with Costas and Spitz and celebrates his other teammates. Pretty cool.