Menu

Flu-Like Symptoms After TB Screening Test?

Crimson Wife

I had to get a TB screening test this morning as required by a program to which I'm applying. I had the shot about 2 hours ago, and within 20 minutes I started feeling nauseated. I'm now feeling like I've got the flu. The side effects sheet from my doctor's office just talks about the normal localized reaction at the injection site (bruising, muscle stiffness, etc.) Has anybody gotten flu-like symptoms after having a TB test? If so, was your test negative or positive?

Never had flu-like symptoms, but my the site on my arm had such an insane reaction, the nurse who gave it had never seen it do that before. She had other nurses and a doctor look at it. No one considered it a positive result, but no one had ever seen that happen either.

I think every body reacts to things differently. Sorry you aren't feeling well.

So I think I'm experiencing some sort of chemical sensitivity to something at that particular clinic. I felt fine all day yesterday and this morning before going back to the clinic to have the results of the TB screening test read. Within 20 minutes, I felt the flu-like symptoms return and spent most of today feeling yucky. I don't know what it is that my body is reacting to, but I'm planning to avoid that clinic in the future if I can.

• 9 years later...