Menu

Weekly Report Feb 14

This week was pretty laid back due to all the snow we got.  We get it so rarely how can I not let them spend the day playing in it?

DD12... finished chapter 3 in MM6, continued reading Bulfinch Age of Fable, Storybook of Science, Alexander the Great (Wicked History), Aristotle Leads the Way (written narration), and Logic to the Rescue, started The Lightning Thief, finished WWS1 week 14 day 4 (finally), did lesson 6 in Vocabulary from Classical Roots, and finished a typing lesson.  She read a couple of chapters in The Near Eastern World in Ancient Times and CK12 Life Science and did the Mom made review questions.

DD7 & 9... dd9 finished MM2 ch. 5 and dd7 continued to work on it.  They started The Trumpet of the Swan and read You Wouldn't Want to be in Alexander's Army and The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten.  I read to them from SOTW, Viking Tales, Burgess Bird, Paddle to the Sea, and We are Six.  They did a couple of lessons in FLL2, completed week 21 in WWE2, worked in Zane Bloser 2C and 2M, did lesson 6 in ETC 4 and SpellWell Aa. They, also, watched a BrainPop science video and did the activities and quizzes.

As a family we read and discussed 2 fables from Aesop for Children, finished watching The Bible and The Great Barrier Reef, and played in the snow.

I have three posts: Valentines Day and President's Day crafts, weekly wrap-up, and field trip to the museum.  At the link in my signature. :001_smile:

I'm having trouble with wording my posts since using "we...." seems off since I'm not actually doing the schooling anymore.  Plus my timing is all off since I am doing the regular weekly wrap-up a week behind since I don't get the weeks notes from the nanny until the following Monday and don't do the posts until that weekend, but I get pictures of field trips and activities sooner, so can do those posts right away.   I guess it will get easier as I get used to things being this way.