Menu

Snow/ice again

Night Elf

I was at the store last evening buying brownie mix, yep brownie mix, and it was crowded as usual. I think it's so funny how stores run out of milk and bread because that's the first thing people want to grab before a storm. All I can think is hot chocolate and toast!

I grab plenty of coffee.  And some half and half to go in it.  Everything else is secondary. ;)

. I think it's so funny how stores run out of milk and bread because that's the first thing people want to grab before a storm. All I can think is hot chocolate and toast!

You southerners just dont' know how to do a storm. You MUST buy MILK and BREAD and EGGS..........after all, no one can survive a winter storm without French toast :-)

That is the local joke as even here in Michigan stores are raided for those 3 items when a storm is forecasted.

That's what I was going to say, too.  Why does everyone always seem to crave French toast when snow comes?  LOL...

So far, we have about 5" of snow, and now ice is falling.  I hope we don't lose power, but if we do, we should be fine.  Most of the clothes are clean (just a few snowy ones in the dryer right now), and dishes have been washed.  Three pitchers of water in the fridge, just in case, and plenty of food.  We're lucky in that we have gas hot water and a gas stove top, so we can still shower and cook even without power.  I haven't gone so far as to fill the bathtub, but my dad doesn't think that will be necessary.  If the power does go out, the city water has generators for their pumps, so we shouldn't lose water unless the power is out for a while.  I guess if the power goes out, I'll go up and fill a tub so we can at least flush toilets if it comes to that.

It's another winter wonderland out there! How's everyone doing?

We got another inch early this morning so we're at 3 inches now. I don't think I've ever seen this much at my house. The sun is shining brightly though so we'll probably start seeing some melting soon. I'm hoping my next door neighbor comes over with his bobcat like last time. I saw him in his yard but he hasn't come over yet. Bummer! The only thing I need is ingredients to make cupcakes for DH's birthday tomorrow. I should have gotten them on Tuesday.

DH works at the salt mine in NY and this is sooo good for business! After a couple of years of milder winters, us salt miner families needed this!!!

I'm glad it's good for someone. I keep reading stories about how many businesses are suffering with this bad winter (I live on the IL/WI line) and it's nice to hear that it's helping someone. Kind of takes the bite out of this weather.  With snow piled to my butt, I'll take any good news I can get.  

The guy who plows our driveway and does our shoveling seems to be the only one I know who still does a happy dance when it snows. Which it's doing right now. And several more inches Saturday. And supposedly an ice storm Monday.