Menu

I loath the home buying process

caitlinsmom

I am so tired of this ordeal. It's been going on since Nov and what do you know, our closing date was yet again extended today.  I want to pull my hair out, scream at the top of my lungs, and swear enough to make a sailor blush.  The run around is ridiculous, the re-requesting of documents, the requirements...... I am going to loose my mind.  This should have been done weeks ago.  I want to crawl under the covers and come out only after the movers (aka my dh) have moved me and the bed to the new house.

It's a house people not the freaking Pentagon!!

Better than the scramble to find a rental when the vacancy rate is less than 2% that we're doing ATM. Now that is stressful!

But yeah, home buying friends and family find the process stressy so you're not alone at least.

Eww that is bad.  Although, if we don't close soon we will be in the same boat.  We already gave our notice on our rental.  We will be cutting it very close (3 days).

:grouphug:

the underwriter for dd's loan did the same thing.  they sat on it for three weeks (everyone before them moved fast), and waited utnil two days before it was *supposed* to close before requesting more documents.  even though dd got the docs to them as fast as humanly possible (and got them even more docs) - they were slow and still had to extend twice.  the seller's relo company really didn't care.

the market here for what she wants, in the area she was looking was very tight, and it's tighter now than it was in Nov when she made the offer. (actually - it's currently non-existant for her features and price range in her geographic area. not one single house.)

It did finally close after christmas - and she's got workers fixing/installing things  (re:data ports) that need to be done before she moves in.