Menu

Outrageous and stupid

Laurie4b

This article reports on emails uncovered by staff of Gov. Christie's office in NJ apparently showing that they deliberately arranged for lanes on a bridge to be closed as payback for not getting a political endorsement from the mayor of that town. That's the outrageous part. A woman died because EMS couldn't get to her. Kids in school buses got held up, etc.

The stupid part? His aides spelled it all out in emails. I am so careful with my emails. I try to never write anything I wouldn't want the whole east coast to read. (I once had a friend acquire a computer virus that went into her received mail and resent some of those to every single person in her address book. Just think about that. The one I wrote that got sent out was benign. But just think: a person could legitimately have shared private info with the person the email was sent it to and bam! It's public knowledge. I can't for the life of me figure out why professional people, especially in politics, write & send stuff that leaves a paper trail.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/nyregion/christie-aide-tied-to-bridge-lane-closings.html?_r=0