Menu

I can not believe it, my son wrote a 1000 word story!

I have battled with my children over writing. it has been a huge struggle to get them to write anything. ds18 was no exception. In fact he was downright impossible. I tried several writing programs, including writing strands etc. WWS was not around then... he would write the absolute minimum.

Ds is also a boy of very few words. when he talks it is in the fewest words possible. he never shows any emotion, never expresses any wants  or likes or dislikes.....

Today ds16 got the latest deer hunting magazine today, opens it up and said Ds18's story is in here. :svengo: My Ds18 had written a story of over 1000 words about deer he hunted and shot. He then sent the story in to a magazine to be published! :svengo: He wrote with a great deal of feeling, expressing emotions, reflections etc. it was extremely well written. I am so flabbergasted!

The one thing I noticed though is that I must have failed to drill in often enough about using full stops :huh: