Menu

Does anyone have a good, easy recipe for roast beef in a crockpot?

craftymama

Well, ours isn't particularly healthy.... but roast + 1 can cream of mushroom soup + 1 packet onion soup mix + a lil' bit water. 

Cook all day (I put it on in the  morning, have it ready for dinner).

It makes a gravy if you want to serve it that way (with mashed potatoes, yum!), but if you remove it from the gravy, it shreds really well for sandwiches & stuff...

I am from the home of the best BBQ (KCMO) and it truly is the very best (minus the cheap knockoff found in stores, "KC Masterpiece").  I'll beat anyone up who says otherwise.   :boxing_smiley:    :laugh:   However, I have lived in the mid-Atlantic area for over a decade now and love the taste of NC pulled pork.  If you like vinegary food, I highly recommend this recipe from the Food Network.  (I don't eat pork anymore, so I use roast beef instead.)  Then again, I'll make just about anything that calls for Worcestershire sauce, because I love the taste of it.  The only thing I would add is to poke holes in the meat and allow the liquids to go into the roast.

Hope you find a yummy recipe you're looking for!

I love allisoncook's recipe, but here's another easy, simple one:

http://addapinch.com/cooking/2012/10/25/balsamic-roast-beef-recipe/#axzz2p9l1VtGN

Sometimes I substitute a bit of Dale 's seasoning for Worcestershire...

I am from the home of the best BBQ (KCMO) and it truly is the very best (minus the cheap knockoff found in stores, "KC Masterpiece").  I'll beat anyone up who says otherwise.   :boxing_smiley:    :laugh:   However, I have lived in the mid-Atlantic area for over a decade now and love the taste of NC pulled pork.  If you like vinegary food, I highly recommend this recipe from the Food Network.

Oooh, both of those look great!  I'm sure my DH will appreciate the variety! :D

One easy pulled pork recipe:  a sliced onion on the bottom of the crock pot, the pork roast on top of that, and pour a can of ginger ale over top.  Seriously, it defies explanation... but it is good.  We remove onions b/f serving (picky kids) and I serve on buns with bottled BBQ sauce on the side.

This one is really good---Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/276850-italian-beef-sandwich-recipe-who-has-it/?hl=+amy&do=findComment&comment=2757714

Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches

3 -4 lb. chuck or rump roast -- trimmed of fat

1 package dry Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix

1/2 of a 16 oz. jar pepperoncini peppers -- including juice (or more to taste- I just dump the whole thing in but usually have a bigger roast)

1 cup water and 1 package au jus gravy packet OR 1 can beef broth

sliced cheese (swiss or provolone)

kaiser rolls

Mix all ingredients together in a slow cooker or crockpot. Cook several hours (5-8 hours) on low. When meat is done (at lest 5 hours), shred it and put back in its juices to finish the cooking time. The more time it has to soak up the juices after you shred it, the better! Put shredded meat on rolls. Top with favorite cheese and put the top roll on. Bake in the oven or put under the broiler until roll is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve with a bowl of the juices and peppers for dipping.

Yes!!!

I usually just slice an onion into rings and add it to the crock pot with a bit of water and Worcestershire sauce and some garlic (either 2-3 cloves or some garlic powder) poured over the roast.. I also sometimes do a similar Italian one to the one above. My family likes it either way.

I love allisoncook's recipe, but here's another easy, simple one:

http://addapinch.com/cooking/2012/10/25/balsamic-roast-beef-recipe/#axzz2p9l1VtGN

Sometimes I substitute a bit of Dale 's seasoning for Worcestershire...

I tried this one a couple of weeks ago and it didn't work for me.  The meat had no flavor.  What did I do wrong?  I did end up having to cook it on high for the shorter time instead of low because of time so maybe it was that simple.  Any other ideas? 

Mine is similar to one posted above

roast
1 pkg au jus sauce
1/3 pkg dry ranch dressing
chile peppers--I put about 8 
1 stick butter

Place roast in crock pot, add dry mixes, top w/peppers and butter.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.  It is a huge hit in our house!

This one is really good---Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/276850-italian-beef-sandwich-recipe-who-has-it/?hl=+amy&do=findComment&comment=2757714

Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches

3 -4 lb. chuck or rump roast -- trimmed of fat

1 package dry Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix

1/2 of a 16 oz. jar pepperoncini peppers -- including juice (or more to taste- I just dump the whole thing in but usually have a bigger roast)

1 cup water and 1 package au jus gravy packet OR 1 can beef broth

sliced cheese (swiss or provolone)

kaiser rolls

Mix all ingredients together in a slow cooker or crockpot. Cook several hours (5-8 hours) on low. When meat is done (at lest 5 hours), shred it and put back in its juices to finish the cooking time. The more time it has to soak up the juices after you shred it, the better! Put shredded meat on rolls. Top with favorite cheese and put the top roll on. Bake in the oven or put under the broiler until roll is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve with a bowl of the juices and peppers for dipping.

This is a family favorite in all our households, as my DD's make this too. 

If it's my house, I just serve it with really great rolls...sourdough kind of rolls.  Hearty ones that won't fall apart when they get juice on them. 

My DD's husband prefers them made as above ......toasted with cheese.  I thnk they get dry and love tthem juicey.

We also prefer them with a can of beer in stead of the beef broth.  The flavor is so much richer.  Yes, we don't keep beer in the house, and it's frustrating to find a bottle when I need it..but ti's worth it!