Menu

What do I want for Christmas?

klmama

My family wants to know, but I'm not being particularly helpful with ideas.  Honestly, the only thing I need right now is new pans for the kitchen, and dh tells me that isn't a Christmas gift.  I don't need or want any jewelry or clothing.  I don't really want more books, either.  They want very much to give me something I'll love, but I'm fresh out of ideas.  What am I missing?

Of course bakeware and cookware are appropriate Christmas gifts. Show them the recent thread about the woman who is grieving the loss of her 23-year-old crockpot that she got for her wedding if they don't believe you. Also show them the Williams Sonoma holiday catalog. They don't put it out because nobody buys cookware for Christmas! A piece of heirloom quality bakeware or cookware is a gift that keeps on giving. Often these items are used every day, reminding the recipient of the gift-giver and the holiday throughout the year. Can the same be said for a piece of jewelry worn occasionally?

If they don't go for it: tickets to a show or a day doing something unusual that you've always wanted to try: horseback riding, scuba diving, skeet shooting, snowmobiling, etc.

This might fall under the book category but if you don't have one, I LOVE my Kindle Paperwhite. I have over 500 free books to read and LOVE LOVE LOVE the nightlight feature so I can read anywhere without disturbing others.

I already got it, but I got a snowmobile suit.....and we don't even own a snowmobile :-) I wear it for doing barn chores. So quick and simple to slip on over my other clothes for those 3-4 times a day runs to the barn.

Do you have any hobbies or sports you enjoy that you could use upgraded equipment for?

When in doubt smart men always buy their wives vacuum cleaners. Wait, that's not right.

What about a nice experience? Spa, massage, concert tickets, museum memberships or weekend away type things. We don't do big Christmas presents for each other but that is what I often have been given for Mother's Day or my birthday. Also cookware I have wanted. ;)

I have to say that my husband doesn't tell me that what I want to not a present unless he is buying it plus a gift. That's weird to me.

Once my husband gave me a very large, very nice knife as a birthday present. It was a surprise and awesome. I love that knife. It's the only knife I use except for a small tomato slicer and a bread knife. One Mother's Day I got roller skates (derby dreams) and another a cello. I use those all the time. Is there a new hobby you'd like to try?