Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 12/8 - 12/14

Negin

Hello! I just finished Tonique Born To Move; 40-minute workout. There's also a one-hour workout on the dvd, but I"m too scared to try it. Fantastic workout; but ouch!!! :p

I've gained about five pounds since I started homeschooling DS9 because I just cannot make it to Bikram yoga class every day like last year when he was in PS. However, I am determined not to start the new year with these pounds on, so I have pulled out my workout video collection and plan to do something almost every day that I cannot take class. :o

This afternoon I"ll do about 200 kettlebell swings and a Leslie Sansone mile.

Monday, cycled and sculpt ...burned over 1,000 cal! That was one tough cycle class!

Tuesday: ran 2 miles on treadmill in 20 minutes...then worked out with lifting/ cardio intervals for 35 minutes ( 10 sets).

I am sore!

Tomorrow. Barefoot class then cycle! My favorite 2 classes with my favorite instructor!

Monday, cycled and sculpt ...burned over 1,000 cal! That was one tough cycle class!

Tuesday: ran 2 miles on treadmill in 20 minutes...then worked out with lifting/ cardio intervals for 35 minutes ( 10 sets).

I am sore!

Tomorrow. Barefoot class then cycle! My favorite 2 classes with my favorite instructor!

What is "Barefoot class"?

It is similar to Willpower and Grace ( YouTube has videos) only our instructor uses some pretty upbeat music and the flow is much quicker. Lots of squats, lunges, push ups, burpees etc.

I think something like that would be great for me since I have foot issues.  Interesting concept!

Combat again today.  I planned to lift weights prior to class but I ran into a friend and chose to have a cup of tea instead.  I was in such a good flow of lifting three times a week and then I decided it would be a good idea to take a two week break.  Since then it has been so hard to get back into doing regularly and unfortunately my strength has decreased faster than I realized it would.

Upper body weights and then swam laps yesterday.  Elliptical machine and lower body weights today- I'm back to inverted squats on a low weights.   Martial arts tonight. I really hope we spar. Tomorrow I plan to do a double elliptical machine run if my knee will allow it.  

Anyone ever feel great and powerful and fit during a workout and then surprised when you see the older woman in the dressing room mirror only to realize it's in fact Your reflection?

Just back from an "invigorating" run.  It's always so hard to get going when it's cold (-2 F) but once I'm out there it's actually very nice.  Crisp weather and Christmas lights to run by (until I hit the country).  Have a great day ladies.

That's dedication, I'm impressed!   :thumbup1:

Upper body weights and then swam laps yesterday.  Elliptical machine and lower body weights today- I'm back to inverted squats on a low weights.   Martial arts tonight. I really hope we spar. Tomorrow I plan to do a double elliptical machine run if my knee will allow it.  

Anyone ever feel great and powerful and fit during a workout and then surprised when you see the older woman in the dressing room mirror only to realize it's in fact Your reflection?

What is an inverted squat?  *Picturing someone hanging upside down and squatting*  

What is an inverted squat?  *Picturing someone hanging upside down and squatting*  

:laugh: That would be Spider-man's workout.

You sit back at an angle with your knees drawn up towards your chest and push a platform with weights until your legs are straight instead of standing and squatting while holding weights.  I prefer standing squats but I'm not supposed to do those until I've built my injured knee muscles back up.

:laugh: That would be Spider-man's workout.

You sit back at an angle with your knees drawn up towards your chest and push a platform with weights until your legs are straight instead of standing and squatting while holding weights.  I prefer standing squats but I'm not supposed to do those until I've built my injured knee muscles back up.

LOL! Now I undertand, you are using the leg press machine right?  

4 days of AM outdoor boot camp (1 hr each time). Stretching everyday for 15-30 minutes.

Monday 2 hours of skate time. New weekly roller skate date with my girlfriends. Fun.

Tuesday bike ride with kids.

Wednesday nothing extra

Thursday yoga video

Friday extra weight training (mainly push-ups and squat thrusts) at home.

My life has some added family health stress just now but I am never well served by skipping exercise even if it is hard to find the time. This weekend, I am going to do some yoga tomorrow and on Sunday, trail running.

Oh, I've been cheaping out and resisting buying new running/exercise pants despite having shrunk out of mine. This meant that today when walking home with my arms full, I just about dropped trou in public. Earlier this week my outer pair did totally slip down when running at boot camp but I was wearing two layers on account of the cold weather that day, thank goodness. Ok, must must must obtain smaller workout pants this weekend.

More of a rest day - stretching and yoga moves.

My life has some added family health stress just now but I am never well served by skipping exercise even if it is hard to find the time. This weekend, I am going to do some yoga tomorrow and on Sunday, trail running.

Sorry about the stress  :grouphug: . I can fully relate these days  :glare:. Good for you for keeping up the exercise.