Menu

real tree or fake?

Word Nerd

Fake.  Dd is really sensitive about stuff dying, and if we got a real tree we'd have to listen to her talking about the tree corpse propped up in the living room for a month.  Plus, we have cats.  And allergies.  Our fake tree looks better, won't turn into a fireball, doesn't need water, and is cheaper.  Win-win.

Plus, we have cats.

We have a song. The rhyme scheme is a bit off, but it's fitting.

'Tis the Season of cat vomit.

Fa la la la la, la la la la

They eat the tree and then disgorge it.

You'd think they'd learn, or at least die trying

Fa la la, la la la, la la la

But they just sneak back when you're not looking

Fa la la la la, la la la la.

We have a song. The rhyme scheme is a bit off, but it's fitting.

'Tis the Season of cat vomit.

They eat the tree and then disgorge it.

You'd think they'd learn, or at least die trying

Fa la la, la la la, la la la

But they just sneak back when you're not looking

Fa la la la la, la la la la.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

DH and I prefer live trees but due to allergies we have artificial. Every few years we forget what those allergies are like and go and get a real one. Last year was one of those times. We got the tree right after Thanksgiving and it lasted about three weeks. DH and I both had headaches for those three weeks and I felt sick and short of breath. Add to that most of the needles fell off and the tree looked bald. A week before Christmas we took all the ornaments off, threw the tree outside and went and got a pre-lit artificial.

I like having it pre-lit. When I put the lights on it takes at least 2 hours with as many times as I take them off because I don't like how they look.

I was adamantly against fake trees for a long time.   Then we noticed our allergy kids getting sicker at Christmastime.  In came the artificial.  I love it.  

Believe it or not, my sister was annoyed with me about it.  It was as if I'd dishonored our parents memories (they always cut a real tree).  She thought my kids should just suck it up and be sick at Christmas for the sake of tradition.   Obviously she and her kids never had allergy problems.