Menu

Voyages in English....why is it so EXPENSIVE?....

Tammy

How can anyone afford them....especially if you buy the TM... I had asked for something similar to BJU that contained grammar and composition.....and someone suggested Voyages. I really like the way it looks and the samples I have seen....but geeze....the PRICE is outrageous.

If I ordered one student book and one TM.....it would cost $105!!!!

Why are they so expensive?

Tammy

How can anyone afford them....especially if you buy the TM... I had asked for something similar to BJU that contained grammar and composition.....and someone suggested Voyages. I really like the way it looks and the samples I have seen....but geeze....the PRICE is outrageous.

If I ordered one student book and one TM.....it would cost $105!!!!

Why are they so expensive?

Tammy

Have you looked at buying them used from places like Follett? I own the 95 editions. I think I pd under $25 for both TE and student buying them several yrs ago. I would think they would be extremely inexpensive now.

Perhaps because its geared toward classrooms? I'm guessing; I really have no idea. Thats why instead of going w/the full program, this year I opted just for the Exercises in English workbooks for grammar and a different writing program. I really like the program best of the others we've tried, though.

Don't know what grade you're looking at, but if it helps at all, I've got 3rd grade tm and text for sale.

The older editions are distinctly Catholic. The exercises include references to priests, nuns, and Catholic teachings in general.

The newer editions are completely secular.

Now, I am Catholic.....to the core! :) But, I do not like the older editions. My kids found them boring. The newer editions are just more fun. Now, where "newer" actually begins, I am not sure. I am pretty sure it is the case in the 80s. As I posted earlier, I own the 95 eds and they are definitely secular.

The drawback to the 95 version is near the end of the text there is a section on library skills and it is completely out of date. It still teaches card catalog, etc.

• 2 weeks later...