Menu

Could use prayers, ds is sick, we fly out Saturday

Prairie~Phlox

Please, please keep yourselves quarantined from him as much as possible for the next few days!  They will deny boarding if anyone has had these sort of symptoms within, if I remember correctly, 72 hours.

They rely on you self-reporting, and they do ask. They usually have you complete a health verification form as you check in.   Of course you can lie, but they ask because this sort of sickness, if viral, spreads like wildfire on a ship, which I'm sure you already know.

I'm only telling you in case you haven't been on a cruise before and don't understand the procedure.  I've actually witnessed people being denied boarding, and it's the saddest thing.  

Please, please keep yourselves quarantined from him as much as possible for the next few days!  They will deny boarding if anyone has had these sort of symptoms within, if I remember correctly, 72 hours.

They rely on you self-reporting, and they do ask. They usually have you complete a health verification form as you check in.   Of course you can lie, but they ask because this sort of sickness, if viral, spreads like wildfire on a ship, which I'm sure you already know.

I'm only telling you in case you haven't been on a cruise before and don't understand the procedure.  I've actually witnessed people being denied boarding, and it's the saddest thing.  

This.  They will definitely ask if anyone has had tummy issues or fever in the last 72 hours.  IF you are all healthy at the time of check-in, they will have a ship doctor check you out to decide if you can board. 

I'll pray that this is a temporary thing and he gets over it quickly and nobody else gets it!!!  But, just in case, does your family have trip insurance?

This.  They will definitely ask if anyone has had tummy issues or fever in the last 72 hours.  IF you are all healthy at the time of check-in, they will have a ship doctor check you out to decide if you can board. 

I'll pray that this is a temporary thing and he gets over it quickly and nobody else gets it!!!  But, just in case, does your family have trip insurance?

Yes, my mother did get travel insurance.

Thanks. He's not thrown up any more & has had a little watered down gatorade. I will look into the activated charcoal, it just sounds yucky. :/

Actually, I have been using it lately for teeth whitening, swishing with a little water. It has zero taste to it at all. :) It looks nasty because it's sooo dark black, but tastes just like I'm swishing water.