Menu

need help picking out a pair of shoes...

ProudGrandma

I am 46 years and have a small framed body. I am looking for a warm pair of shoes/boots that would be more for just "bumming" in jeans (not so much for dressy occasions)...I have looked at the boots like this...http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10279&skuId=099112130&productId=68422&lotId=099112&category=&catdisplayName=Womensbut I see all of the teenagers and 20 somethings wearing them...and I didn't want to look like I was trying to recapture my youth...kwim? But WARM is key...my feet get so cold in the winter.

can some one guide this fashion-challenged gal?  thanks.

I have a black and tan pair of suede boots with the furry-fuzzy-warm & comfy lining and wear them a lot during the winter here.  Mine don't have the fur down the side, but the pair you linked are pretty cute.  I would wear them.  Here in the Midwest, just about everyone (female, young & old) wears them.

Take this with a grain of salt though; I'm definitely no fashion diva.  ( I was jokingly advised not to wear them with sweat pants, because only young people can get away with that :laugh: .)

I have to agree with Mrs. Mungo about the lack of support in the Ugg and Ugg knock offs. They are fine for jumping in the car for a quick errand but that's about it for me. You can wear them with pants in or out. Narrower pant legs go in, wider out. I don't like the look of bunching up wider pants to put in boots. And I've gone through this style cycle more than once. My poor dd. I've really worn most of the styles she finds one time or another.

I just bought a pair of Uggs that look exactly like that.

So, if you wear the Ugg type boot...do you tuck your jeans in or leave them out?  and what color do you own?  grey, dk brown, lt brown...all of the above?

Yep, 44 years old and I wear Uggs all the time.

I have a pair of Chestnut Classic Tall Uggs that I wear folded down because it's easier to just slip my feet in them, that are totally beat up and grungy looking.  I wear that pair whenever I'm going out in wet, sloppy weather because they aren't going to get any worse.

I have a nice pair of Grey Bailey Button ones that I keep for when I'm not going quite as grungy but still pretty casual.

I usually wear my jeans tucked in.

I spend 99% of my time indoors barefoot.  I find my Uggs to be extremely comfortable and not hard on my feet at all.  They do not offer a lot of support if you have any kind of foot problems but they are very warm.