Menu

"National Home Educator Appreciation Day"

Dh and I were chatting about this.  He told me to post it.  :)

I hereby declare February 17th to be National Home Educator Appreciation Day!

(Hey, I'm not sure how these things get started, but there are so many going around that I figured we could just start our own, right?)

It's in February because that's when winter slump so often hits here in the US.  It's just after Valentine's Day so that those of us who have frugal husbands can be given chocolate bought on sale after that better-known holiday.

Who's with me?

Just imagine your dc saying, "Thank you!" . . . . <heartfelt sigh>

Mama Anna

Dh and I were chatting about this. He told me to post it. :)

I hereby declare February 17th to be National Home Educator Appreciation Day!

(Hey, I'm not sure how these things get started, but there are so many going around that I figured we could just start our own, right?)

It's in February because that's when winter slump so often hits here in the US. It's just after Valentine's Day so that those of us who have frugal husbands can be given chocolate bought on sale after that better-known holiday.

Who's with me?

Just imagine your dc saying, "Thank you!" . . . . <heartfelt sigh>

Mama Anna

I like it!!!

Too many other things to celebrate for us around then. Valentine's Day and Engagement Anniversary on the 18th (yes, DH considers it a small celebration-worthy event). Too much appreciation in the same week. I need mine more spread out. Gonna tell my family that it's either Jan. 17 or Nov. 17. They'll never know otherwise and 9yo is always looking for a reason to celebrate!  :hat: