Menu

Amazon has a $60 off coupon for Kindles --

Guest dalia22

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got you guys beat. I am eligible for TWO!

:laugh:  My MatchBook list has four books on it - one of which was a gift I don't even remember buying. But all of them cost at least $2.99 and why would I pay for something I already have in a nice, wonderful, paper format?

Matchbook is brand new, I am thinking once the settlement is finalized for the publisher/apple pricing fixing more books will become available in the program.

As for why would I buy something I already own in print.  I own tons of books in both formats, for various reasons, so I am intrigued by this and have been looking through some of the books that qualify and will be purchasing in both formats. 

Those with prime will also find they just started a new program today as well.  Kindle First, each month they will pick four books pre-release, you can chose one book for free to read before release day.  One way to build up the library. 

I don't expect them to send me a coupon for $60 off a kindle.  I already have bought numerous at full price, so why would they try to entice me to buy one.  This type of promotion is to get new people to try the product. 

Yay! I got my Kindle Fire today. AND I got my $20 refund (since they had already given me $40 off). I am very grateful to all of you here for posting and sharing! :) I am also thrilled to have my Christmas gift purchased for my MIL!!

On another random note, I ALSO got my new laptop today!! (well....new to me!).  It was only $100 ppd for a nice dell laptop that belonged to a school district in CA! So happy that I'm not typing on my phone or nexus right now with blasted auto-correct ruining my words, lol!! What a good day for getting fun things in the mail!!  :hurray:

The offer expired at Midnight on 10/31, so I don't think you can get the 'deal' anymore. Even if you put it in your cart, you had to order by then... at least that was what the page with the offer said.

Interested to know how many people who saw this thread ended up ordering a Kindle of some sort because of it. 

The offer expired at Midnight on 10/31, so I don't think you can get the 'deal' anymore. Even if you put it in your cart, you had to order by then... at least that was what the page with the offer said.

Interested to know how many people who saw this thread ended up ordering a Kindle of some sort because of it.

Shucks!

I ordered a paperwhite.  I otherwise wouldn't have ordered it, but half off was a great deal. So they made $60 from me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dkeller52

I made a complaint when I first learned of this.  I am an Amazon prime member and love it.   I look to them first while shopping due to the free two day shipping and I'm very satisfied and will renew.  I also love the free streaming of lots of videos/movies.

I was so angry to find out I didn't qualify or wasn't offered this promo.  I wrote and received a generic response.

Saw it again advertised--in error--on a freebie site.  Some folks said they'd complained and gotten the discount--especially if they said they would cancel their account.  One person said they wouldn't bully to get the discount.  I am not a bully.  I don't try to get comps on meals I don't like, etc.  I wrote again and got the discount.  I had to order the kindle and then they refunded the $60 to my credit card.  If a big company can afford to sell a product (made in China for very little) at $9 to tons of folks, why am I bullyiing them?

So, I think they have reconsidered this issue.  If you have an existing account, it's worth a try to complain.  I could only get one, which is reasonable but I feel so much better about my relationship with Amazon (I only wanted the kindle cause they have a lending library but you must have a Kindle to participate).