Menu

Thank You For Everything

Hunter's Moon

When I began my self-education journey, I was a sophomore in high school. My parents knew the local high school was killing my love of education, because I was so sick of the politics of it all. Before finding WTM forums, I joined I think two others. Once they found out I was in high school, I got PMs asking me to leave, it was for "mommies" only. Then I joined the WTM in April of 2010, fully expecting to get the boot. But it never came, and in fact, I gained a bunch of mentors and cheerleaders. 

My father never graduated high school, and my mother never really had a love of learning. Neither of my parents felt they had the experience to help me, but they blessed me with the chance to educate myself. 

Without you all, I would not have been able to go through with it. I know that for a fact. So many times I wondered what I had gotten myself into. But I am so glad I got the experience. It opened me up to the possibility of homeschooling my own child/ren. 

Thank you! You all are very special to me because collectively, we are the hive - a diverse group of individuals with different life stories, who for the most part get along, rally together in times of struggle and need, and genuinely care enough to encourage and offer hugs and advice. And sometimes a swift kick in the backside. 

I cannot wait until DH and I have our own little ones and I can "introduce" them to the Hive. 

It's been fun to share with you little tidbits of advice, because you are always so gracious in how you receive them--that's a lovely quality about you!

There have been other young people here, who have asked questions before they had kids to homeschool (I'm thinking of AndyJoy, for one!), and it's a pleasure when they are open and ask really excellent questions, and then sift thru the advice and experiences to find what is useful and meaningful to them!

Continued blessings.