Menu

Has anyone started thinking about Christmas yet??

PeacefulChaos

So for those who don't buy anything until later.... Where do you shop?! Around here, the stores get INSANE after thanksgiving. Like, no parking spots at the mall, crowded aisles in toys r us, etc. DH would absolutely hate it, and even though I like to shop, I wouldn't really love it, either.

Do you do all the shopping online? That just doesn't seem fun to me lol.... I'll pick stuff up online here and there, but I love making a day of it, going Christmas shopping!

I just have to get it done before thanksgiving!

I don't put the tree up or anything til the day after thanksgiving. If we end up being home, we may do it on thanksgiving- it just depends.

THINKING.....but that's about all-trying to make a mental note of what Santa might bring.....and trying to make the few presents that we will be giving out this year.....it's easiest for me to shop online--and last year I already had a jump on things...but this year it's different....$$ has been tight so I haven't purchased anything yet.....

So for those who don't buy anything until later.... Where do you shop?! Around here, the stores get INSANE after thanksgiving. Like, no parking spots at the mall, crowded aisles in toys r us, etc. DH would absolutely hate it, and even though I like to shop, I wouldn't really love it, either.

Do you do all the shopping online? That just doesn't seem fun to me lol.... I'll pick stuff up online here and there, but I love making a day of it, going Christmas shopping!

I just have to get it done before thanksgiving!

I don't put the tree up or anything til the day after thanksgiving. If we end up being home, we may do it on thanksgiving- it just depends.

I shop online and have the kids gifts shipped to my BIL's house where we spend Christmas Eve. There's no way I'm hauling gifts on the plane. The kids are used to getting one small sized gift for Christmas. I also give them small stuff and candy on St. Nicholas. We do a big breakfast on St. Lucia. We do big family dinners on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. And finally, they'll get a gift and a King Cake on Epiphany. Spreading out the food, fun and loot works best for us. No one melts down on Christmas. They enjoy playing with one toy at a time instead of freaking out because there's too much stuff. They have more days to look forward to, but none of them is over the top. It's just easier on all of us.