Menu

Something like Rod and Staff Bible Stories to color?

lorisuewho

This year one of the things we are doing for family devotions is the Rod and Staff preschool "B" book, Bible stories to color.  It is perfect.  I can read the Bible stories and everyone can color which actually seems to help them focus.  I'm not sure what to do when we finish this. 

I purchased the Picture Smart Bible, but I actually think that is a bit above where my kiddos are at now.  I know the author is coming out with a preschool version eventually.

Is there anything else that is easy to complete or just a picture to color to go with Bible stories?  I don't want boring workbook pages.  I want to keep our learning deep but not turn it into a busy work session.  Right now all the children really enjoy Bible time.

CLE's Bible 1 and 2 is just like that. I have book B for my 5-yo and just started CLE 1 with my 7-yo because she wanted Bible coloring pages too. One page story to read, a coloring or activity page on the next page. Pretty affordable too. The difference is there are multiple LU and they are work texts so the story is in the books themselves. No need for the TG at these levels.

CLE's Bible 1 and 2 is just like that. I have book B for my 5-yo and just started CLE 1 with my 7-yo because she wanted Bible coloring pages too. One page story to read, a coloring or activity page on the next page. Pretty affordable too. The difference is there are multiple LU and they are work texts so the story is in the books themselves. No need for the TG at these levels.

I'm going to go on CLE's site and check that out.  I have wanted to avoid workbooks, but if it is just coloring and little activities, that might be what we are looking for.  Thanks.

We also do Postal Bible Studies. Only 4 lessons/month, but it comes by mail (always exciting for the kids), and it's free. It's basically one page per lesson with a small coloring section, a story to read, and maybe a few letters to fill in blanks with in the first level.

http://www.bible-n-more.com/

Children earn points and can save them up for goodies too.

We use the Bible Study Guide for All Ages.  I think the previous lessons' review part of the worksheet has been especially helpful, and I like that the reading part is text without commentary.  The coloring parts are not straight-up coloring, but directed to reinforce the story ("Which character was angry?  Color him red.").  We love the song CDs.  I do not have time for the timeline, drills, or extra activities, but I'm satisfied with what we do use as sufficient for now. 

This might be what you are looking for:

Kids Color Me Bible

Kids Color Me Gospel of John

They are free and really good actually! They include a lesson and discussion questions, as well as a coloring page and a chance to draw/color/paint their own picture based on the scripture. At the end you bind all of your children's artwork into his/her own bible picture book.

We used the Gospel of John as a supplement last year to go deep into the book of John. We also used CC memory work and learned John 1:1-7 in English and Latin. It was a great study!