Menu

AD/HD meds and anti-depressants...

Unicorn.

I would ask the Dr or pharmacist. Some of those meds are really strong. I think you should ask a  medical professional.

Was just wondering if it was even a possibility.  And if anyone had experience, or had thoughts on it being better to stick w/ ad/hd meds or go off those and on anti depressants.  That's kind of what this board is for.  Advice based on experience.  Don't worry, not trying to play doctor, just trying to educate myself before talking to the doc.  :)

Was just wondering if it was even a possibility.  And if anyone had experience, or had thoughts on it being better to stick w/ ad/hd meds or go off those and on anti depressants.  That's kind of what this board is for.  Advice based on experience.  Don't worry, not trying to play doctor, just trying to educate myself before talking to the doc.  :)

It just depends IME. Some ADHD meds make one really awake and it would be difficult to sleep after taking them. It is the same with some antidepressants.

I have taken Adderall and it made me have crazy, disturbing dreams. It isn't often I will stop taking something because of weird dreams but the dreams I had with Adderall were too weird.

Are the adhd meds working? 

I take Wellbutrin in the morning and hydroxyzine at night.

I would highly suggest a pediatric psychiatrist that works a great deal with teens.

There are times when "ADHD" and "depression" present together that the real underlying issue is a mood disorder.........and if that is the case then the treatment would be different. I would want to rule out a mood disorder before combining these meds and any psych med combinations really should be started and monitored (at least at first) by a psychiatrist as this is way beyond a regular primary care doctor.