Menu

Please help with meal plans

garddwr

I just put a 4.5 lb roast and 2.5 lbs of chicken breasts in the oven to bake. I would like to get 4-5 meals out of these. We will probably have part of the roast with vegetables for dinner tonight, but I'd like to come up with some new ways of using the rest of the meat.

Ideas?

Chicken: Add it to pasta sauce. I like this: Start by cutting up 1/2 LBS mushrooms and finely chop 1 onion and 2 garlic cloves. Heat up a pan and saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until the mushroom starts to golden and the onion is soft.

Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1 1/2 cup cream and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Add to spagetti or other pasta.

Here's another I LOVE--http://www.alexandracooks.com/2013/02/18/pasta-with-chicken-lemon-white-wine-a-meal-to-take-to-a-friend/

Chicken tacos.

Chicken soup. 

Roast: You could shred some of the beef and make sandwiches (add bbq maybe), or cook stew veggies and just add the precooked meat at the last minute. ETA oops--didn't read carefully--you are already doing veggies. Maybe a different kind?

Maybe "sneef and boodles?" (Beef and noodles...lol) Beef pot pie, if you sautee the veggies first so they are basically cooked, and just put the beef and veggies in a crust. 

For the chicken, take about 1# and finely dice. Then make a stir fry with onions, the chicken, 2 cups precooked rice, some soy sauce, and a can of corn, oh and 1 egg scrambled. Serve this over baby spinach. It sounds weird but my family loves it even though they don't usually do spinach, etc.