Menu

What?! do you put in a shirt pocket?

Kakids

Curiosity of the day.  I am in the market for some new clothes.  I am shopping online and reading reviews of some shirts.  I personally do not want a breast pocket on the shirts I am shopping for.  It is funny, however, to read through reviews complaining that the shirt doesn't have a pocket. Multiple reviews complain about a lack of pocket.  I have no use for a shirt pocket, and no desire to  carry something that would bump around and, in my guess, just fall out.  What do women use shirt pockets for?

I use a breast pocket for "short term" items.

For instance, when I pump gas, I put my credit card there after swiping and before I get back in the car and put it back in my wallet.

If I have a shopping list, I usually put it there.

I find a breast pocket very useful.

I wouldn't use it either.  The only time I ever have used a shirt pocket was for a pen when a pair of work pants I was wearing had no pockets.  I would always use a pant pocket before a shirt pocket.  Pants without pockets I would complain about, shirts not so much!

I'm strictly a no-pockets on my shirt type gal.  Usually because that means they are a shirt which will have to be ironed and let's be honest - any shirts that have to be ironed are going to sit in my laundry room after the first washing until they are so out of style that I give them to Goodwill.  I belong to the religious sect that believes picking up an iron will summons the end of times and the four horseman of the Apocalypse.  It's an unofficial branch of Catholicism.

Now dresses with pockets ... boy howdy.  I love those and find them very useful. 

I don't like shirts with breast pockets. I have big Books and I think it would look riducously using a breast shirt pocket.

This is the main problem I see with shirt pockets.  It seems a silly place.

I'm strictly a no-pockets on my shirt type gal.  Usually because that means they are a shirt which will have to be ironed and let's be honest - any shirts that have to be ironed are going to sit in my laundry room after the first washing until they are so out of style that I give them to Goodwill.  I belong to the religious sect that believes picking up an iron will summons the end of times and the four horseman of the Apocalypse.  It's an unofficial branch of Catholicism.

Now dresses with pockets ... boy howdy.  I love those and find them very useful. 

Dress pockets I can get behind.  The pocket is usually in a similar location to pants and who can't use a pocket every now and then?

I use a breast pocket for "short term" items.

For instance, when I pump gas, I put my credit card there after swiping and before I get back in the car and put it back in my wallet.

If I have a shopping list, I usually put it there.

I find a breast pocket very useful.

Thank you for sharing, this I can understand even though I just use a pant pocket.