Menu

Gave up Cokes - one month update

Pegasus

My thanks again to everyone who gave me tips and support in the first early days when I was feeling so sick.  It has been a month now that I gave up my vice, Cokes and other sweet drinks.  I'm surprised that I so seldom crave one now!  Here's my current status:

1. Water tastes better than it ever has. I've never really liked water and had serious doubts that I ever would.  I was wrong!  I do like it cold though so use lots of ice or keep some water in the fridge.

2. The scale shows an 8 pound decrease even though my diet hasn't changed, other than giving up sweet drinks.  I want to work slowly on improving my diet as well but it is encouraging to see that this one change is having an impact.

3. I've stopped needing Tums or Rolaids.  I was taking these several times a day.

If you are thinking about giving up soft drinks let me encourage you to take the plunge!  You will come out the other side better than ever.

Pegasus

Nice! I stopped drinking sodas a couple of years ago. I recently stopped (mostly) drinking iced tea every day. The main thing I noticed is that I don't crave sugar much anymore. (Been 2 months.) 

I have lost 8 lbs since I went GF/paleo. My skin (not to brag) looks awesome. It's clear as can be. I haven't had a stomach upset one time (except a day I cheated on my diet) in the past 2 months - hey! It's 2 months to the day, I just realized! July 4th is when I started. I, too, used to eat antacids and GasX daily.