Menu

Rainbow resource question

redsquirrel

I places an order on 8/14 late at night. I got an email confirming the order and it claimed that items were shipping within 24 hours of orders being received. Since then I haven't had any communication from them at all. I did try to call, but I can't ever get through to a person.

Is this normal for RR? Do orders typically languish a big before being shipped out? I haven't ordered from them in a while so I am not sure what is normal for them.

I am just a little worried that my order got lost or something.

I would continue to call, I have never had problems with shipments, but I remember thinking the last one took a long time. I am spoiled by Amazon Prime though, so maybe skewed my expectation. I'm guessing this is a very busy time for them, if they are not answering the phone.

I ordered ONE book on the 9th of August. That following monday I got the email stating my order. I didn't get an update on tracking info until the 14th.... then another on the 20th. The second update didn't even tell me the state it was in.

My book arrived this morning. The tracking/response time is sluggish with their updates. I was worried my order had been lost  also, but it made it!

ETA: When I placed my huge order back in late April/early May... it was a much more timely response. So as for my experience, I'm chalking it up to them being super busy with a ton of last minute orders. Their facebook has mentioned numerous times about how the staff has been busy all day long on the phones. Perhaps this explains why you haven't been able to get through?  Hope you get your order soon.

I just received a big order almost 2 weeks after placing it. When I received the confirmation email it said most orders were shipping within 3 days. I finally called last week to check in. I had to call back on three different occasions in order to actually speak to someone. It turns out ONE pack of construction paper (in a $400+ order) was backordered. Normally they hold it for a day or two but apparently my order managed to get stuck for a much longer period of time. The rep apologized profusely and had it in the mail the next day and it arrived in 4 days. I'd definitely recommended a call just to check and make sure nothing is delayed or backordered. During the busy season I imagine anything can happen.

I've got the same thing. My husband called because he noticed there were no credit card charges. They told him one item was backordered and the shipment (and charges) were being held for it. The charge went through today, so I expect I'll have it relatively soon now. But I wonder if the same thing happened to you. I got the same message about shipping times and they didn't indicate anything was on backorder when I placed the order.

Oooh, I'll check the bank account. Good point.

I've considered the live chat, but when the email was specific about not emailing them, only phone them to ask about orders, I thought that meant live chat as well.

Sometimes I am such a rule follower, :001_rolleyes: .

Thanks for all the assurances. I know I have seen other folks here mention slow mail time. I don't mind that so much as the no contact. If they just let me know what was happening I would be fine with the waiting.

I am glad I am not in a big hurry for any of this.  Well.... not too much, lol