Menu

Where to buy 4-5" doll? (just doll w/o clothes)

Tap

I just need some small dolls that will work with a fabric cradle and for some reason I can only find $10 dolls.  

I am going to add some dolls to add to our Operation Christmas Child boxes.  I have a lot of left over quilt  fabric so I can make some cute little outfits for them.  I also want to try to make a fabric cradle purse.  If it goes pretty quick, I will make one for each of the 4 boxes we are doing, but it depends on my time and patience.  LOL  

I don't knit, but can sew and I wanted to include this little toy that brought my dd so much joy when she was little. The design is great for yarn, but I don't know how well it will work with fabric so I figure I will try one and see how it goes. 

I already have about $10 invested per box so I want to keep the cost to each project to under $10 including doll, shipping and notions.  (I have all the fabric, sizing, drawstring ribbons and most likely thread already)

You can get small dolls at craft stores sometimes. I can't remember what section they are usually in - maybe near the yarn? Some people crochet clothing for them. 

Would this work? I know  you said no clothes, but the price may be right since there are multiple dolls in the set. 

Those cradles look adorable. I have purchased tiny baby dolls before at walmart for shoeboxes but that was closer to Christmas time. They were definitely well under 10 dollars. I'm not sure if they have them right now or not. They were just in the baby doll aisle.