Menu

I made a 3-minute mug brownie last night in the microwave (GF, paleo)

Nestof3

http://www.delightedmomma.com/2012/09/3-minute-chocolate-paleo-mug-cake.html

Maybe I already shared this?

Anyway, it made enough for my husband and me to share. I used maple syrup instead of honey and added a little unsweetened chocolate almond milk (any milk would do). The texture is fluffy but a tad dry. It is not super sweet -- think dark chocolate.

But it was fast, yummy and not too terrible for you. I did dollop a little whipped cream on ours.

Oooo, that sounds good. Besides being dry, was it at least tasty? I would think some whipped cream or a smidgen of heavy cream would help with the dryness?

Yes, it was tasty. I will still make it again. It's really a great fix for a chocolate craving. I think I'll add a little more milk next time, but I thought it tasted great with a little whipped cream. My husband was more "meh" about it, but he was eating an eclair earlier. ;)

For those of us trying to eat more homemade and a healthier, I consider it a tasty treat. It's also small (if you share it), but it's intense. Not like ice cream where you can eat endless amounts. :)

I have an idiotic question, because I have never eaten a brownie :).

Can you make this receipe without cocoa?

I can't eat chocolate, because it gives me migraines, but this receipe sounds like so much fun.

If you couldn't use cocoa, what else could you use?

I can't eat chocolate, because it gives me migraines, but this receipe sounds like so much fun.

She has other mug recipes on her blog that you can search. :)

Just made this tonight-yum! It was kind of dry but it helped the sweet/chocolate craving. It is also very filling, which is great! I ate the whole thing but had had a tiny dinner. Half would have been plenty normally.

I am not paleo or GF, but gluten or bready type things have not been appealing to me lately, so this was perfect.

Thanks for posting!

If you google blondie in a mug you will get plenty of results.  I also found cake in a mug recipes.

I made the brownie after the dc went to bed last night. Ds just got up and said, Where are the brownies you made last night? (he had SMELLED it cooking while in bed!) and was very disappointed when I told him there was only ONE and I ate it-lol. I told him I'll make him one later.

Ok, a grain-free friend and I were messing around with these last weekend, and modified the recipe a bit to be less dry, less almond-y, and more chocolatey. :)  We're not paleo, fwiw.

2 Tbl butter

1 oz dark chocolate (I use 2 squares from TJ's dark pound-of-chocolate bar)

Place in mug, microwave 1 minute.  Stir until the chocolate is melted.  Add:

2 Tbl almond flour/meal (we have TJ's)

2 Tbl rapadura/brown sugar

3 Tbl cocoa powder

1 tsp vanilla extract

pinch of salt

1 egg

Stir together until entirely mixed.  Microwave 1-1/2 minutes (I need to try less time; this still produces a cakey brownie & I like fudgy better)

It's still great with cream!

:)

Ok, a grain-free friend and I were messing around with these last weekend, and modified the recipe a bit to be less dry, less almond-y, and more chocolatey. :) We're not paleo, fwiw.

2 Tbl butter

1 oz dark chocolate (I use 2 squares from TJ's dark pound-of-chocolate bar)

Place in mug, microwave 1 minute. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Add:

2 Tbl almond flour/meal (we have TJ's)

2 Tbl rapadura/brown sugar

3 Tbl cocoa powder

1 tsp vanilla extract

pinch of salt

1 egg

Stir together until entirely mixed. Microwave 1-1/2 minutes (I need to try less time; this still produces a cakey brownie & I like fudgy better)

It's still great with cream!

Awesome, thanks!

Question, I assume rapadura is interchangeable with brown sugar? And what on earth is it??

ETA: I was impatient and Googled :) http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/2009/07/rapadura-sucanat-muscavado-turbinado.html

Interesting! Her links looked Australian. I wonder where it is sold in the U.S.

I'm in the U.S.; I've gotten the stuff at our local natural food stores, both the small independent one and at Whole Foods.  It has a richer flavor than brown sugar, because it retains more of the nutrients, but generally when I run out I just sub in brown sugar.  It works out pretty well.

I'm in the U.S.; I've gotten the stuff at our local natural food stores, both the small independent one and at Whole Foods.  It has a richer flavor than brown sugar, because it retains more of the nutrients, but generally when I run out I just sub in brown sugar.  It works out pretty well.