Menu

New Job

jen3kids

I have been a sahm for 16 years.  I homeschooled my 3 kids for various lengths of time.  This morning I had an interview.  I got called back in this afternoon.  I was offered the job at 5pm!  I accepted!  I'm scared - lol!

So now, I've got 3 kids in 3 different schools and I'll be working 8am-3:30pm each day.  Wow!  Things are going to be very different around here in 2 weeks.  I've told my kids they will be making dinner some nights - they are excited to help out.    

And, I've got to get so much done before I start work - house cleaned, meals planned and groceries bought.....  So much to do, so much to do.....

woot woot!  :hurray:

congrats on the new job!  Remember to give yourself some slack. It is really hard to learn a new job and it takes its toll on your brain.  You will likely not only be physically tired, but mentally tired as well.  Be careful to  not over schedule your weekends and evenings, you will want some down time.  

Congrats!  Everything will work out in time, once everyone adjusts to the new routine.  It's great your kids are enthusiastic about helping!

I hope their enthusiasm doesn't wear off too quickly!

woot woot!  :hurray:

congrats on the new job!  Remember to give yourself some slack. It is really hard to learn a new job and it takes its toll on your brain.  You will likely not only be physically tired, but mentally tired as well.  Be careful to  not over schedule your weekends and evenings, you will want some down time.  

Down time?  What is that?   :lol:

I expect to be exhausted every night, but I'm sure I'll adjust relatively quickly (at least I hope so).  The kids making dinner will really help ease the stress.   Right now we only have 1 night with a boys in Scouts and I have hockey practice once/week beginning mid-October.  Hopefully I'll be settled in at the job by then.