Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 7/28-8/3

Negin

I completed C25K Week 7 Day 3 this morning.

I am shooting for August 5th as the day to complete the actual 5k.

I have been hiking and kayaking a bit.  I haven't been able to play tennis in a couple of weeks due to issues with my permanently broken big toe and the subsequent arthritis. I need to get on the bike again but I seem to have lost my desire to ride ever since my favorite bike was stolen.

I'm stuck working upper body today. Legs got overworked yesterday. I have to rest them today. So upper body and hopefully a bit of yoga stretching so I don't get overly stif.

Edited to ask: what is the best exercise for inner thigh toning? I know it is a problem area for many. What have you found that works?

Quick Callanetics: Hips & Behind

Went out running this morning - 6 min/2min run/walk, 1.7ish miles.

Kara, great job. 

Edited to ask: what is the best exercise for inner thigh toning? I know it is a problem area for many. What have you found that works?

On the Video Fitness forums which I visit often (and seldom post, since I really don't have much to contribute compared to the regulars there), they suggested the following DVDs. I'm quite sure that you may be able to view samples (and possibly more) on You Tube. TotalfitnessDVDs often has good sales, free shipping, and you can use their "10off" coupon code to get an extra 10% off. 

10 Min. Solution: Quick Sculpt Pilates with Ball

Ballet Beautiful - Classic DVD has a great inner thigh section.

Ballet Blast by Jennee

Ellen Barrett's Power Fusion

The Firm - Total Body - Body Sculpting Basics

Karen Voight: Total Body Training it uses the pilates ring and fries the inner thighs!

Kathy Smith has a pretty good standing routine called "Functionally Fit Lower Body Firming" where you do single leg inward pulses. It’s included in its entirely on a compilation DVD called "Yoga Sculpt" - affordably priced on amazon. you can get it all by itself on DVD but the cost is higher.

Leah Sarago's side lunge segments

Did an hour of Pilates today----the 30ish minutes for day 12 of Blogilates for Beginners, plus another 30 minutes of various videos :)

I'm starting to love Pilates more and more. :)

I'm stuck working upper body today. Legs got overworked yesterday. I have to rest them today. So upper body and hopefully a bit of yoga stretching so I don't get overly stif.

Squats, lots and lots of squats.  It not only works the quads, but slight alterations will work other parts of the thigh as well.  I've noticed a huge change in the overall shape of my legs since I've started these boot camp classes and the lower body always includes squats and deep lunges.  I think for the inner thigh, I forget what they're called, but if you raise one leg on a step then do them, it works more inside the leg.  Also, you can do lunges with the back leg elevated on a step.  I hope this helps :).

Over the weekend, I tore up my big toe (including tearing the nail up a bit - ouch!) so with boot camp yesterday, I had to modify everything with the lower body.  But, I finished 50 minutes!  

I just googled "best exercises for inner thighs" and this might be what you're looking for. Having just viewed it, I can say that these moves are some of my all-time favorites. It's a good 5-minute video. 

Ugh. I don't want to. But I know I have to since I took two days off already. Cardio on the treadmill. Maybe I'll suck it up and finally do three entire miles. Then I need to wok on weight training upper body.

Okay, off to start.

I get a smoothie after all this right?

ETA: did 3.5ish miles in 53minutes. Ended at 60minutes and 3.7 miles. I so wanted to run the entire hour but my calves kind of seized up at the end. Will do arms in a bit.

Ran again this morning - 6 and 2 like I've been doing.  Did the entire 1.7 miles in less than 19 minutes (set a new personal record lol) and am thinking about going out again tomorrow.  

It's weird, the extent to which I'm loving running.  :blink:

Oh, and on a random note, last night on fb a friend tagged me, my usual running buddy, her husband, and another friend of ours in a post that had a video with fitness/motivation stuff on it and was like, 'You guys are such an inspiration to all of us!'  When I saw it, I kind of couldn't believe that my name came to someone's mind when they were thinking about fitness, kwim?  I was so happy I could cry lol... :D

Will soon be doing an ab workout - Personal Training with Jackie - Crunch-Free X-treme Abs.

Read this - good for me to remember.
Many people believe that if they can’t do it all — full-out exercise and a perfect diet — they might as well do nothing. My advice is, as Theodore Roosevelt once said, “Do what you can, with what you have, wherever you are, right now.â€

aye.jpg

• 4 months later...

I know that this is an old thread, but I just saw this routine on Pinterest and thought of your question. Some of these moves look really effective for the inner thigh area.