Menu

"Pay What You Want" on resources at CurrClick

Stef03

Perhaps due to being on the other side of the globe and hence, working different hours, I have not had a moment of trouble when checking out any of the five times I think I've done it now :D (and only to buy more Heritage History ebooks (for which I blame thank Hunter); I've barely looked at anything else since first venturing over to check out the sale).

while it is a bit slow at times, I have not had trouble buying anything, I have been finding lots of lapbooks and math games for my build centers, and a new discovery for me has been biography workbooks, I have picked a few titles from that series to try.

while it is a bit slow at times, I have not had trouble buying anything, I have been finding lots of lapbooks and math games for my build centers, and a new discovery for me has been biography workbooks, I have picked a few titles from that series to try.

The biography workbooks sound cool, who makes them? I bought a bunch of animal/habitat stuff from Koumi books, Rachel Larkin and New Learning Publishing.

The biography workbooks sound cool, who makes them? I bought a bunch of animal/habitat stuff from Koumi books, Rachel Larkin and New Learning Publishing.

They are made by student handouts, not very big about 10 pages each, but an easy way to introduce some big names without dwelling on them too long.  There was lots to choose from but I just picked a few.  They had titles you don't see often, like Jean Francois Champollion who was the one to use the rosetta stone to translate the heirogylphics.  Unlike explorers and presidents there isn't lapbooks etc out there about this guy, I also found ones dealing with Julius ceasar, Nebekenezzar(sp?), Johannes Guttenburg etc.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be lame busywork, but the price is right to try them out.

They are made by student handouts, not very big about 10 pages each, but an easy way to introduce some big names without dwelling on them too long.  There was lots to choose from but I just picked a few.  They had titles you don't see often, like Jean Francois Champollion who was the one to use the rosetta stone to translate the heirogylphics.  Unlike explorers and presidents there isn't lapbooks etc out there about this guy, I also found ones dealing with Julius ceasar, Nebekenezzar(sp?), Johannes Guttenburg etc.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be lame busywork, but the price is right to try them out.

I found these after you posted about them, I think they might be a bit over my DDs level at the moment, but I think the format will work for her to attempt a higher level of learning. I might have to go snag a couple of more of them!

Finally got on and got what I wanted.  The Build Your Own Library resources are excellent...I didn't realise it was a whole years program...how very generous of her to list that. I've always been interested in her stuff but didn't want to spend the money to try out somethng new in case I didn't like it. Her curriculum is great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest homeschool bits

Hello! I just came across this thread on Google, so I signed up here on the forum to be able to comment on it. I'm not sure if my reply will show up since the original post is a couple weeks old.

In my opinion as a publisher on Currclick, the Pay What You Want sale was TERRIFIC. I agreed to do it and would not have considered ever backing out. LOTS of people, probably more than half, did download the titles free. This was not an issue for me because overall I was very thankful for my profits. They were better than any other week in the years I've been doing this! I never expected customers to be so generous. I also gained thousands of "new" customers, which is very important. I do not charge much for my products anyway... The way I look at it is this way: These are SUPPLEMENTS, not full-curriculum. Who wants to pay $20, $10, or even $5 for one SINGLE school topic, such as learning about snakes, etc??? I made a promise to myself when I first started publishing that I would never charge more than I myself would be satisfied to pay.

Anyway, my point is... DO NOT feel guilty because some of the publishers complained and pulled themselves from the sale. Posting on the company's facebook page in front of customers was very rude. They never should've agreed to do it, and if they had regrets once it started, they should've pulled out quietly. Everything was explained ahead of time and it was even told to us by Currclick that it was our choice, a risky choice at that.

As far as Currclick's server overload, that happens on EVERY popular website at some point in time. Facebook is the biggest site on the internet and they even have server overloads at times. When facebook goes down temporarily, twitter gets overloaded due to people running there to "tweet" about facebook being down. Lol. So, it is really unfair to think that Currclick should've been better prepared. I'm sure next time they will... but this even happens to the biggest and best sites. :)

I want to say thank you to everyone that downloaded my products regardless of what you paid. Yes, paying "something" does give me more encouragement and helps with the extensive time I put into it.

I apologize for the long ramble. :-/

Thanks Homeschool Bits for commenting! I love your products! I bought some during the pay as you go sale and have more in my cart now. Thank you for your kindness! I thought the sale was fabulous but was worried the upset sellers would make it not happen next year. I tried some sellers whose items I had never tried before and many of them I plan on buying from again. I thought Currclick was kind to try it!

Guest homeschool bits

Thanks Homeschool Bits for commenting! I love your products! I bought some during the pay as you go sale and have more in my cart now. Thank you for your kindness! I thought the sale was fabulous but was worried the upset sellers would make it not happen next year. I tried some sellers whose items I had never tried before and many of them I plan on buying from again. I thought Currclick was kind to try it!

Thank you so much! I'm sure that Currclick will do it again eventually. I don't think more publishers will choose to participate (that's only MY guess) but it will be great if they do. :)

Perhaps due to being on the other side of the globe and hence, working different hours, I have not had a moment of trouble when checking out any of the five times I think I've done it now :D (and only to buy more Heritage History ebooks (for which I blame thank Hunter); I've barely looked at anything else since first venturing over to check out the sale).

I didn't know HH sold anything at Currclick. Thanks for letting me know. That's news to me.

I didn't know HH sold anything at Currclick. Thanks for letting me know. That's news to me.

You had mentioned the name but I never bothered to ask where to find them though I couldn't find them myself (during an admittedly brief search). It stayed on my mind though and the name jumped out at me the first time I visited and peaked at the publisher list. Where else do they sell? I noticed pictures of HH books that aren't available on Currclick (last I looked).

You had mentioned the name but I never bothered to ask where to find them though I couldn't find them myself (during an admittedly brief search). It stayed on my mind though and the name jumped out at me the first time I visited and peaked at the publisher list. Where else do they sell? I noticed pictures of HH books that aren't available on Currclick (last I looked).

Mrs P, they have their own website, it's heritage history.com

I searched Amazon instead of Google which was obviously a bust but really, I think it was better for me to remain ignorant. I shouldn't have asked. :P

:lol:

You can just use HH for ideas and look for free versions of the books in the usual free places.