Menu

Creativity and brain dominance, does it connect to gender? An interesting quiz and poll!

PeterPan

Take this Right/Left Brain Creativity quiz and let's see if it correlates to gender!  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score on the Right/Left Brain Creativity Quiz?

• I'm female, and it was all the way right, like 90/10 (R/L).
    • I'm female, and it was dominantly right, closer to 70/30 (R/L).
    • I'm female, and it was basically 50/50 (R/L).
    • I'm female, and it was dominantly left, say 30/70 (R/L).
    • I'm female, and it was all the way left, say 10/90 (R/L).
    • I'm male, and it was all the way right, like 90/10 (R/L).
    • I'm male, and it was dominantly right, closer to 70/30 (R/L).
    • I'm male, and it was basically 50/50 (R/L).
    • I'm male, and it was dominantly left, say 30/70 (R/L).
    • I'm male, and it was all the way left, say 10/90 (R/L).

That's what I thought too.

My first career path was in drafting & design and I remember scoring very well on my spatial entrance exams.  Circumstances beyond my control shifted me into a word processing field, first in engineering and then healthcare, and now I'm an administrative assistant. 

Perhaps my career choices have caused me to adapt enough to skew the natural tendency of my brain?   I'm going to have DS take the quiz. He has adhd too, and it'll be interesting to see where he falls.

I'd be interested to hear his score!  I think I might have dd do it too...  

44 left, 56 right

I am a former dancer, athlete, current yogi, highly gifted with movement, coordination, balance; but not creative in the traditional sense. I cannot draw, photograph, or play an instrument. Also, I love languages, and science/medicine, but the left brain characteristics are things I had to work at. 

I am ambidextrous.

Interesting!! Here's mine

About this test | Disclaimer

Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain

46% 54%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Your complete evaluation follows below:

Interesting!! Here's mine

About this test | Disclaimer

Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain

46% 54%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

Your complete evaluation follows below:

54% left / 46% right

I am highest in logical and nonverbal, and lowest in verbal and random.  That explains my poor communication skills. :D   And that is not really tongue-in-cheek, 99% of the fights that my husband and I have are because I am unable to clearly express my thoughts and feelings, resulting in a miscommunication (or complete lack of communication) on my part.

And just to confuse things, while I scored low in creativity, I have always had a high interest in photography.