Menu

I had three interviews and it's been two weeks...

Elfknitter.#

...and yet I have heard nothing from this potential employer. At the last sit down, a somewhat informal interview, I was told that they would let candidates know possibly by Monday (July 1.) Well, no word came. That Monday being part of a holiday week, I figured stuff happens/ vacations/ etc. thus, this week I'd hear something. Well, 6pm rolled around today and nothing. This is for a city government and I know bureaucracies get... Bureaucratic. I'm thinking a simple email to touch base might be good, but I don't want to appear pushy as I know this position comes with a lot of dysfunction and anything could be going on right now to stall my notification.

So, with all that, to email or not to email?

Maybe the position was offered to another candidate but -- unbeknownst to you -- you're on the wait-list in case he/she turns it down?

I would probably e-mail, showing appreciation for the interviewer's time and enthusiasm about the job, and ask if a decision has been made.