Menu

Disney Windsor Hills - who to rent through?

I am interested in staying at Windsor Hills or Windsor Palms the next time we are in Orlando.  Last time I rented through Storytime as was recommended here.  They were great, but they do not have availability for the time we want to go.  There are SO MANY companies in Orlando that you can rent from.  I am worried that some may not be as reliable as others.  So, I'm hoping for recommendations here.  Have you stayed at Windsor Hills or Windsor Palms in Orlando/Kissimmee?  What company did you rent through?  How was your experience?  I know that some use VRBO.  I'm thinking that since that is just through the owner you could get a mix of experiences. If you used VRBO, which owner did you find reliable/which home did you rent?

Thanks for any advice! 

Kimberly

We've rented from Gary here: http://bestcondostay.com/

We rent from him once a year.  His is a three bedroom condo.  Walking distance to the club house and pool.  Nice place - comfortable and clean.  One time we got there and the cleaning company hadn't come.  Gary made it right for us and it wasn't even his fault.  

I highly recommend him and his place!!!

If it matters to you, Windsor Palms has a salt water pool. Some people prefer that. The WH pool has a slide, WP's does not. WP and WH are otherwise nearly identical.  I booked at WP one year because Filomena's place wasn't available for the dates I needed. I don't remember who owned the WP condo.

More $, but Bonnet Creek is great. It's a resort, so not the same bargain the above condos offer. The pirate ship pool is nifty.

I stayed at a condo through Storytime last time we were at Disney. We loved Windsor Hills so much we thought it would be fun to come back and just stay at the resort. So, since we are not going to Disney this time, we'd like a bigger home since they are the ones with bigger pools.

Florida Sun Vacation Homes has condos, town homes, and 4-6 bedroom homes.

You have more control than I do. NO WAY could I be THAT close to Disney and not go ;)

I stayed at a condo through Storytime last time we were at Disney. We loved Windsor Hills so much we thought it would be fun to come back and just stay at the resort.  So, since we are not going to Disney this time, we'd like a bigger home since they are the ones with bigger pools.

I've done that. It's such a reasonably-priced vacation, especially if all you want to do is relax in the sun!  I've had friends get 2 bedroom condos at WH for as little as 1200 for the entire month of March. The longer you stay, the cheaper it is.  Renters will often negotiate a lower price for more time as it is less aggravation for them.

Guest rellinge

I recommend using VRBO or WindsorHillsRent.com.  Both let you deal directly with the owner, which I find to be preferable.  Middlemen add costs and as best as I can tell, no real value.