Menu

Remember that FB group that was sharing files?

There was a thread here not too long ago about it. (Anyone have the link to that thread?) A FB group that was freely and illegally sharing files- pdfs of curriculum that you would normally pay for. (I'm not saying that is all they did, they may have also been legitimately sharing things as well, I have not seen the group myself.)

Anyway, did any of you see this? Confessions of a Homeschooler had her FB account removed because she spoke out against the copyright violations. The group reported her account as abusive.

Her original post about the copyright violations:

http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2013/06/thank-you-to-my-honest-and-loyal-readers.html

Post about her fb account removal:

http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2013/07/calling-all-homeschoolers.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ConfessionsOfAHomeschooler+%28Confessions+of+a+Homeschooler%29

I don't think posting a fb status will help her in anyway, she is trying to contact fb about it. I just think it is too bad that this group has done that to her. Assuming all the facts are correct of course.

I've seen this all over FB in the homeschooling world. How is it known/proved it was THIS file sharing group that reported her? I know FB certainly would not have released The reporting info.

I don't know. Maybe someone from the group told her that they were being asked to report her? I'm sure you are correct that fb wouldn't have released that.

How awful! I can't believe that in addition to illegal file sharing these people have pushed it farther to try to do harm to the business & reputation of someone who spoke out against them. That's just wrong. These people may have their choice of free curriculum, but I'm guessing there aren't a lot of morals being taught in these homes :(

That is terrible! I am sorry to hear people were using a hs group to share copyrighted materials. :(

The people who reported her should be ashamed of themselves, I hope her account is reinstated quickly.

I am a member of a Homeschool for Free group on FB but I have not noticed sharing of copyrighted materials, there are a lot of links in it to free materials online.