Menu

Knex roller coasters and ferris wheels

ProudGrandma

We received a large Rollercoaster set as a Christmas gift, and no one could actually assemble the thing. If you and/or your children like Knex, you'll probably have less problems, but it was our first-ever set, and not a good way to start. We are LEGO, Playmobil builders and Keva wooden block builders, here.

We got the roller coaster at a yard sale. It was built once or twice they had a lot of fun with it for a day or two but here it wasn't a toy with a lot of replay value. That said, if I could get a good price on it new it might be worth it for the "wow factor" of the gift. I'd say it is only for kids who are good at building and have patience to persist if it doesn't come together easily. So, just for hours played it wouldn't be worth a huge amount here compared to something like regular legos or k'nex - but we tend to not have a lot of limited replay toys so it was something memorable.

DS got the roller coaster set for Christmas and he loved it. He worked on building it for the better part of two days. It was great to see him working so hard on something so big. He hasn't played with it very much since then, though he has started rebuilding it and trying to change it up.

We have several and ds loves them. The most recent was bought at Christmas and took him several months (mostly ignoring it) to complete. He's persistent! (I do not know why he is making that face. :tongue_smilie: )

It was the lava launch coaster. ( http://www.knex.com/...ct.php?pc=50050 ) He has been getting and building these for years. This one would not likely be good for a beginner:

536979_535973136424822_1013579377_n.jpg

Rollercoaster here. Took up a large space for the one week it was up. Took half a day to build, an hour of tweeking it to get it to work, it was played with for an hour or so and then it was boxed up. Sooooooo not worth tbe money. I figured it would go in with the otner knex after it was built and dismantled but the majority of the pieces were so long they didnt really have much play value for normal size creations.