Menu

Dress shoe recommendations for boys

bnbacademy

Ds will be attending a private HS next year with a dress code (yikes!). He needs to wear shoes everyday. What stores would you recommend for comfortable dress shoes, or even sneakers that look like dress shoes. He would often be wearing khaki pants, button up shirts. If needed, his shoe size is men's 8 1/2- 9.

for stores - the walking company or nordstrom's rack (big discount over the main store prices.)

I bought my son a couple pair of propet shoes. they have a six month/1000 mile warranty. I read many reviews from managers and others who spent alot of time on their feet and they were almost universally glowing. you may have to look around. my son has a hard to fit foot, and I ended up ordering online, but we had literally looked at almost every store that carried good shoes and they were great. He loved them.

If he needs a pair of dress shoes to wear with a suit, my DH swears by these ones from Dr. Scholl. We bought him a pair on clearance a few years back when he was between permanent positions and couldn't afford the kind of shoes he used to wear. But then he loved the way they felt on his feet so he kept on buying them ever since.

We have ordered from school shoes unlimited for a number of years and been pleased -- good prices, nice phone help.

http://www.schoolsho...Oxfords_c10.htm

[sadly, the shoes we liked (Jumping Jack - Nicholas) don't seem to be made anymore, so I will have to hope for a comfortable replacement.]

I just looked at Zappo's -- they have a good selection. BTW, thanks for the reminder!