Menu

What to do with my 2 year old?

Do you have any ideas of what to do with my 2 year old in the fall? We homeschool the older boys and I thought it would be nice to take 1/2 hour in the morning when the big boys are doing independent work and do *preschool* with the toddler. I thought we could read books and sing songs, but I'd love something that could give me some direction. I guess a little toddler curriculum or ideas for crafts..know what I mean? I just don't have the brain energy to tackle developing a colors, shapes, crafts curriculum right now with planning 6th grade for my olders. Any ideas?

I cut apart and laminated various Kumon workbooks for her to use with white-board crayons. I had attribute block cards and such for her to play with, she sorta liked lacing stuff. My parents lived with us at that time and so it certainly made things easier.

So I would just have a box of "fun stuff" that came out during that time!

I love the Timberdoodle stuff. Mainly because it's play-based and not literature based! With my older ones, it's so intense I really like having an educational toy that I can give so my youngest feels like she's doing school without it taking an hour of my time to set up and "work" with her, ykwim? So, I would start looking there.

We've also used Flowering Baby in the past to have short activities to work with the younger one so she's not neglected :)

We do a lot with 1plus1plus1equals1, too. A PP linked it.

I've also used Tiny Tots from Carol's Affordable Curriculum. It's about $11 per month, I think, but they send all the supplies for the crafts, songs, rhymes, coloring pages, etc. nice when I don't want to pull it together myself. Not expensive, which I like. I just incorporate it with "tot school."

We also have busy bags, and independent toys that I rotate during school time, along with Signing Time and Leap Frog videos.