Menu

samsung french door?

gardenmom5

for those with a french door fridge, how much do you like the french door features? would you buy one again? how much do you like it?

what are your must have features? what is your minimum size?

I read the thread from last week. ratings are generally higher for samsung, so I'm looking at them. I have to buy a fridge - preferably tomorrow. (it was making funny noises last week for a reason. now, the freezer isn't freezing. at least I have a freezer and fridge in the garage.). so . . .

for those who have a samsung french door? how reliable has it been?,

(I have a higher end 29cuft SxS - I don't want to hear anything about them.)

I got a Samsung French door bottom freezer one about a couple months ago. I love in most ways, except for that it's kind of loud at times. I'm not bothered by that very much though. I got the model that's last years on clearance. The salesman told me that their newest model is exactly the same, but without the ice bucket tray, and it's several hundred dollars more, so that might be something to look for.

I love mine. It is a little noisy and the ice maker is too small, at times, for our needs. But overall, I am really happy with it.

yes, us too. We bought ours used last summer. If I could get it without the icemaker on the door, I'd be okay with it. It is small and noisy - but also convenient...so I don't hate it. This is my 2nd fridge with the freezer on the bottom (the other was a standard fridge) I'm tall and I love it that way. This one is 28.5 cu feet and the 2009 model. I'm very happy with it.

We just bought a Whirlpool French door. I LOVE the French door style. It is so much easier to see what is in there compared to my side by side. Granted it is about 5 cubic ft. Larger than my last fridge. I can't speak for the wear and tear of a WP at this point. We had to buy a floor model since our fridge was dead so we were limited. But we got a great deal from a local appliance shop. Go for the FD and get the biggest one you can!!! 29 was my minimum.

We have a Samsung French door with the freezer on the bottom. We didn't want ice/water on the door but there is a water despenser inside the fridge. We've had ours for about 4 years and I like it. It can be noisy, but I only notice this when I am up late at night by myself. I love that it beeps if we have mistakenly left the door open. My sister liked mine so much that she bought one too when they had to replace their fridge this past year.