Menu

algebra 1 "test" before starting algebra 2????

hi! basicaly my daughter is just getting ready to finish up life of fred algebra 1 and i would really like for her to take some kind of small "test" to make sure she has the concepts down pat before starting algebra 2. i would really love it if there were a free printable test for her to take (doesnt have to be very long). does anyone know of anything that might fit that picture??? thanks!

I don't know of one, though there may be one out there. I just wanted you to know that as long as she has done well, there isn't really a need to test. Algebra 2 will cover everything over again. I was shocked at the amount of repeat involved. (Didn't use Fred, but I assume it would be pretty much the same concept-wise for alg 2.)

Algebra 2 will cover everything over again. I was shocked at the amount of repeat involved. (Didn't use Fred, but I assume it would be pretty much the same concept-wise for alg 2.)

That will depend entirely on the curriculum and is definitely not the case for all math curricula.

The ending pages of Fred Algebra 1 has the "All Reorganized Together" review of skills it expected kids to learn in the course.

The beginning pages of Fred Algebra 2 has a pretest of skills it expects kids to remember.

--Janet

I have only used one Algebra 2 text, but it is a standard public school one, and even by the third lesson it is covering new material.

Algebra 2 will definitely help students to become more comfortable with algebra 1, but there are core concepts that need to be mastered in algebra 1 or the student will have serious difficulty in algebra 2, which builds on the foundation laid in algebra 1..

LOF algebra is a little different then many standard texts. If I remember right two algebra II topics have been moved to algebra I which means two algebra I topics are not taught until the student does algebra II. This means a standard algebra I test could (not saying will) reflect these "gaps" which are not really there because she just needs to do algebra II. Together the books are complete.