Menu

Marie's Words SAT vocabulary cards

I've never heard of them, but I know without a doubt that all the vocabulary workbooks I went through in high school certainly did help me when I took my SATs! So I would definitely focus on the vocabulary.

I have them. I think they are pretty neat. I have not used them a ton yet. My oldest is 11. He is currently doing MCT vocab so that is enough for now. I'm thinking they might be good in high school and as a preparation for the SATs.

Do you think they're too advanced for middle school? I'm wondering because I'm unsure whether to go with CE or Marie's Words for my daughter this upcoming fall (she's 11).

I, too, want them for a middle schooler. I want something that is different from working through a vocab workbook, but that stretches his vocabulary a little more than simply reading. This looked like a rather painless option.

Thanks, all! I think we will get them for next year. He's studied Roots of English this year, and I don't really want to do a formal vocabulary study because we already have a lot planned for next year that will be pretty heavy. But I thought this looked like a fun way to add it in.

I bought them for my 1st and 3rd grade. I just bought them at a conference but I have been reviewing 10 per week with them. We just talk about the picture link to the word and what the words mean. My kids love them so far. My 3rd grader just started MCT level 1 as well. We had a few hiccups finding a good fit that he can go at an accelerated pace with. We are zooming through level 1 and will move onto level 2 in a couple months. I just wanted him to get familiar with the format before moving onto more complex stuff.