Menu

The child chalked all over my front porch.

lynn

Just venting.

DD's friend apparently came by when we were not home. she found a piece of chalk and wrote dd a message all over my front porch :glare: I would not be as annoyed if she had wrote in the walkway where the rain would wash it away, no that would never cross a 7 year old's mind. It is only on concrete so it can be hosed and scrubbed off but since I just scrubbed, cleaned and painted the front porch a couple weeks ago as part of our spring cleaning I am not very enthusiastic about doing again :thumbdown:

You could call her mother and ask her to send little Susie over to wash off the chalk. Three reasons: Mom needs to know she did it, 2. Susie needs to clean up after herself now so she doesn't become a graffiti artist, and 3. It's only chalk. No scrubbing or painting, just water.

If my kid did that, you wouldn't be cleaning up. My kid would, with my help as needed.

Thanks ladies. It was quite a surprise to open my front door and see the "message" all over my porch. It was just an "I was here.....", and whatever else she wrote. I could not figure someof it out., she signed her name then crossed it off and put "NOONE" lol.........like we would never guess who would have done that.

Thanks ladies. It was quite a surprise to open my front door and see the "message" all over my porch. It was just an "I was here.....", and whatever else she wrote. I could not figure someof it out., she signed her name then crossed it off and put "NOONE" lol.........like we would never guess who would have done that.

Oh, dear. I really am sorry about your porch (especially as you just cleaned it; grrr....).

Still...that NOONE thing is kind of adorable. I'm just thinking of her channeling Odysseus and leaving your porch shouting, "I am not no one! I am Impulsive Neighbor Girl, daughter of Laertes!"

Consider yourself lucky. Some neighborhood kids came over one day. I told the kids they could play in the yard. Our garage was open. I told them not to go in the garage but it was open because dh was working on stuff and going in and out. Dh came in for a break. We hear our kid, "Stop. You can't be in here. You should stop." Went to investigate. One girl (about 11) had taken dh's power drill off the wall and was drilling into a piece of wood. The other girl (7) had taken a hand saw and was attempting to cut a handlebar of a bike. The boy (9) had found a can of red spray paint and was painting my driveway. All this is less than 3 minutes of my dh walking inside.

So, at least you don't have spray paint on your driveway. It's still there. 3 years later.