Menu

What color is your front door? What color would you like to try?

lynn

Ours is a deep green blue. I'd like to paint it pumpkin orange. Dh nearly fainted at the thought, though, so I'll have to keep working on him. Our house is a darkish sagey green with tan trim, but needs to be repainted. I'd like to go with a barn red with off-white trim, but I doubt dh will go for it. Since we had to buy a new-to-us van at the end of January, I'll probably get another year to wear him down ;).

We have three doors, but we are on a farm so I'm not sure which door the front is (rofl!). We have one glass sliding door at the front....straight onto grass and middle of nowhere, one glass sliding door to the verandah (main door we use, I suppose its the side of the house) and one unfinished raw detailed wooden door with frosted glass.

I don't think our house could handle a coloured door....it would look like a barn. Our whole exterior of house is bright sunshine yellow.

Ours is wood. I hate it and want a bright glossy black. DH refuses and says you NEVER paint a *beautiful* solid wood door. Maybe it just needs refinished, but the stain is so yellow....blah.

My Dad is like that. Original wood and original brick might as well be made of gold. He'd be horrified to learn what we're going to do to our fireplace.

Ours is a dark pink. I love it! We have white siding and grayish blue shutters. It is so happy and light hearted.

When we were trying to pick colors we drive around neighborhoods looking for something we both liked. I was very surprised that DH liked this, but the combination is pretty.