Menu

gift for newlyweds living with inlaws

UmMusa

I need a quick brainstorm :

I want to take a gift to my cousin who got married over a year ago and has recently had to move back in with his folks due to economy. I haven't met the wife and would like to take a gift but am not sure what to take considering it is unknown if/when they'll have their own home.

Has to be lightweight, we're travelling.

They are early 30's. Is there anything that someone who has been there done that might recommend for living with your inlaw's :D

Yes, I thought about sheets, towels, or something personal like that. They did live in their own house for about a year, so then I wondered if they probably already are using their own bedding. Plus, I have no idea what size bed they're in! lol not gonna ask either .

Maybe a throw blanket?

I think a throw blanket would be nice. If you crochet or knitt it would be very special.

I'm kind of serious about the ear plugs, not them exactly but something that would offer noise reduction and privacy. (We stayed for a three week vacation with my in-laws and their schedule nearly drove me insane. Imagine fil crushing cans at 4am right next to our bedroom.) That said, I'm kind of flummoxed trying to figure out what that is. I'm thinking they will want to make their bedroom a place to retreat and anything that would make it feel like their own place/space would be helpful.

Yes, I thought about sheets, towels, or something personal like that. They did live in their own house for about a year, so then I wondered if they probably already are using their own bedding. Plus, I have no idea what size bed they're in! lol not gonna ask either .

Maybe a throw blanket?