Menu

Where would I go to get a bra fitting/bra help? Victoria's Secret?

HappyGrace

I think I am a 36A, but actually less than an A cup, so I'm having trouble finding bras, plus I'm not even sure I'm getting the right size!

I usually just buy a 36A at Marshall's or Walmart, but they come pretty heavily padded in A cups. I'd like to find something more natural looking (not so much padding), plus get a good fitting. I don't have much money to spend though :(

I'd also like to have my dd13 fitted sometime-she is super tiny and skinny but fitting into a 36, which doesn't make sense (since that's what I take and I'm way bigger around) so I think we need help for her too.

Any recommendations?

Personally I prefer to find an nice lingerie shop with a professional fitter for weird or uncommon issues. They are more helpful and knowledgable, IME, about finding the right fit, right type of bra, and brand suggestions. I found a couple by googling the nearest large city and 'bra fitting', I've had much better luck with that then relying on a department store fitter.

Our local VS does a nice job with fittings and helping you find the correct bra for you. I had myself measured again to help decrease my dd's embarrassment in getting a fitting. I was surprised at how reasonably priced the two bras I purchased there were; yes they were on sale, but I now wont wear any of my other bras. Along with my purchase came a coupon/card for $10 off my next purchase, and yes I'll be purchasing more.

(I'm pretty picky about fittings btw; in college I worked in a lingerie shop and know how they should be done.) Wear a bra with a tank over it; that way you can feel comfortable during the fitting and popping in and out of the dressing room for more options.

Strangely, not all companies measure the same way.