Menu

Morning Sickness Help

4Kiddos

I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me or give me some suggestions for morning sickness. I am pregnant with my fourth and so incredibly happy to be blessed with another precious baby. But, I am so sick. I have had horrible morning sickness with my other three boys but I don't remember it being like this. I have been throwing up a lot but this time my stomach just hurts as well and I don't really feel like eating. A lot of times all I keep down is saltines and my own homemade 7-up equivalent. (I was drinking 7-up but it is just so sweet and has a chemical taste. So, I thought I would try making my own. I just made a lemon simple syrup and put one tablespoon of that into a glass of sparkling water. So much better!) I tried Vitamin B-6 in the 25 mg tablets recommended by my OBGYN. But, it just made my stomach and intestines feel like they were on fire. And throwing up was really, really acidic and burned horribly.

I do sometimes feel better in the evenings and then I can eat some real food. But, overall I just feel really horrible and was wondering if anyone had anything to try. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

I had HG with all three kids. it's so miserable! Will your OB prescribe Zofran? It helped me at the peak of my morning sickness with my last baby. It was insanely expensive when I was pg with my first two, but now it's not. B6 + Unisom helped a little. Mostly just try to keep nibbling. Protein helped me when I could keep it down. If lemon is working for you, maybe suck on lemon drops? I didn't like flavored beverages, so I drank Smart Water, and it had to be ICE COLD.

Do you think you may have that awful stomach bug on top of morning sickness?

Lots of great, up to date info on http://www.helpher.org/

I hope it passes soon!

For me, I just had to wait it out mostly. Of course, there are basic things that you probably know about--some are included in this link below:

http://www.tothemoon...dle-nausea.html

Just saw this on my facebook feed. I'm 18.5 weeks and the only thing that has helped me have been prescription meds. :glare: I hope you find something that helps you, and congrats on the new little one!

I also found that sucking on hard fruity candies helped (lemon was my favorite). My only other tip would be to try acupressure. I especially liked doing the midline one mentioned in the link. It wasn't 100% effective but it definitely alleviated many bouts of more severe nausea for me. Hope you find something that works and congratulations!

I have Zofran, but by the time I'm nauseous, I'm usually too sick to keep anything down. I've been eating a ton of ice. It doesn't necessarily make it better, but it's the only thing that doesn't make me ill. It's beginning to go away now, at 15 weeks, but still occurs at some point during the day (just not all day, like before).

I am sorry... I have horrible morning sickness with mine.

Here are all the things I have tried. Some things have helped for some pregnancies and not others. Nothing really WORKED they all just made it a bit better.

Almonds

Sucking on hard candies

Ginger

sea bands

popcorn

the little mini graham cracker things (bites?)

B6 and unisom

Emotion code

zofran

zofran is also available in a disolvable pill if you really cannot keep anything down. It doesn't take it all the way away for me even then. It just keeps me from puking my guts out all day. It makes me horribly constipated though. :huh:

Keep hydrated and dont let your tummy get empty. Take naps if you can.

Christina

It helped me to eat protein (and to make myself eat first thing in the morning, then frequently throughout the day). Ginger helped, too. I keep the Ginger People ginger juice on hand, and I really enjoyed a good splash of ginger juice in lime sparkling water over ice. You may like it in your homemade 7-up!

Good luck. :). And congrats on the new baby!